My lovely sister nominated me for two blog awards. I’m very excited as I’ve only been at this for a short time!
The Liebster Blog Award is for showing off bloggers with 200 or less followers and giving your readers an insight to other great blogs.
The Sunshine Blog Award is for bloggers for their amazing style, their engaging writing, or their inspiring attitude… or all three!
This means I have to answer the following ten questions, which as a lover of surveys of all kinds, I am more than happy to do!
1. Why the title for your blog? I’m just going to link you to my About page as it’s all answered there.
2. What piece of clothing works the hardest in your wardrobe? Jeans most definitely.
3. If you had to choose only 3 pieces of clothing to wear for the next month (underwear excluded) what pieces would you choose? (Firstly this is a mean question that makes me feel a little sick just answering it and especially as most of my clothing is currently on a ship crossing the Pacific so my life feels like this anyway at the moment) Jeans, a big cardigan, and a black dress – not as an outfit you understand.
4. Which blog do you find consistently inspires you? Grace of Autumn. I just love every post I read here. A great combo of slow living and creativity. Sandra also writes beautifully and acknowledges your comments which is a lovely personal touch.
5. On a menu what can you never resist? I love food so much that this is too hard to answer with a dish or flavour in mind, so I’ll take a tangental option and say a glass or two of red wine (or champagne).
6. If you could choose 3 words to describe yourself what would they be? I’m assuming we’re talking about nice words here so I’ll say creative, dynamic, funny.
7. What colour can you never go past? Bright, lapis lazuli blue.
8. City Apartment, Country Mansion, Beach House, Wild Wilderness – which would you choose for a holiday? That’s difficult. I would probably choose a hybrid of beach house and wild wilderness.
9. Best piece of advice you have ever been given? Be yourself. By nature I am quite a chameleon and I find myself often adapting to the environment or people group that I am in to make my company more palatable for those present. My husband always tells me to Be Myself and it’s good advice in general. We can only be second rate versions of someone else, but we can always be the best version of ourselves.
10. Collections – did you have one as a child? Do you have one now? I did collect books about horses from second hand fairs and for a while I collected stamps and sea-shells. Now I don’t collect things but always look out for 70’s style second hand ceramics. I also have a few small wooden boxes but it’s not something I’m consciously trying to collect, it just happened.
As I’m relatively new at this whole blogging thing, I’m going to nominate only three people for the award. (Most of the blogs I read I found through my sister and she’s already nominated them.) I’m nominating these ladies for both awards too (pending the number of followers they have.)
So I’m going to nominate two blogger friends from Amsterdam: Inge from Thuis Met Ingeborg, and Rebecca from Make My Grass Greener. And of course Sandra from Grace of Autumn.
Now I have to come up with 10 questions of my own for these lovely ladies to answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Where is your favourite place to be in the whole world?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- What dish do you always have the ingredients for in your pantry?
- What’s your favourite song?
- What blog(s) inspire you?
- What actress would play you in the movie of your life?
- What quality do you value most in relationships?
- What personal characteristic are you most proud of in yourself?
- Describe your ideal day off.
That was actually harder than I expected, so I look forward to reading the answers ladies!